The Keto Diet is one of several weight-loss strategies used by people who want to lose weight healthily. As a general rule, the Keto Diet requires you to eat protein and fat in moderation. As a health strategy, the Keto Diet can be useful to people who have a high risk of developing heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and other diseases. If you are a person with a particular health condition, it would be in your best interest to consult your doctor before starting on the Keto Diet.
The keto diet is a low-fat, high-carbohydrate diet, which in medical terminology is commonly known as the keto diet. This diet forces your body to burn unsaturated fats instead of carbohydrates. Saturated fats like saturated fat, hydrogenated oil, and processed vegetable oils are considered unhealthy for long-term consumption. The unsaturated fats that the Keto Diet consists of include olive oil, sunflower oil, butter, meat from lean meat, cheese, eggs, and cottage cheese.
Unsaturated fats are found in fish, nuts, seeds, and avocado. The keto diet also consists of unsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which come from nuts, seeds, and legumes (especially lentils). Polyunsaturated fats come from soybeans, olives and olive oil, fish, poultry, seeds, olives, and other grains. You will also find carbs in the Keto Diet, including complex carbohydrates like whole-wheat bread, brown rice, quinoa, amaranth flour, and bulgur.
The purpose of the Ketosis Diet is to eat foods that contain ketones instead of glucose or other sugars for energy. Ketones are created through the breakdown of fat stores. Your body contains two types of ketones, when one forms you may feel jittery, while the other causes a feeling of being overwhelmed. Excess amounts of ketones can cause serious problems with your heart health and cause seizures if left unchecked.
When following a keto diet, the most important thing to remember is to keep track of everything you eat. Keep a written record of what you eat every day. Write down what you ate so you can see at a glance if your carbohydrate intake meets the daily requirement for energy. Also, be aware of your protein intake. If you are following a low-carb diet, make sure you are not consuming too much protein. This can increase your risk of kidney stones, stroke, high blood sugar, and cancer.
A healthy diet is essential for overall good health, but especially for maintaining kidney and heart health. This diet will help you reduce your risk of diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, and stroke. It is important to remember that the cornerstone of a healthy diet is eating plenty of fruits and vegetables and limiting animal meats. You do not have to completely give up all of your favorite foods. You just need to learn how to balance the number of good carbs and protein in your diet.
A “keto” or “ketogenic” diet is one of the most popular diets around us.
Ketones basically are chemicals produced in the liver. It is produced when you don’t have enough insulin in your body to turn sugar into energy. and then the body uses fat instead to run.
Studies show that the Keto diet can help you lose weight and improve your health and may even have benefits against diabetes, cancer, epilepsy, Alzheimer’s disease, Heart Disease, Parkinson’s disease, polycystic ovary syndrome, Brain Injuries.
Let’s see some Keto Friendly food.
- Seafood: fish including Salmon, sardines, mackerel, and shellfish including clams, mussels, octopus, oysters, squid.
- Vegetables: asparagus, avocado, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumber, green beans, eggplant, kale, lettuce, peppers, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini
- Cheese: blue cheese, brie, camembert, cheddar, Colby jack, cottage cheese, cream cheese, feta, goat cheese, halloumi, Havarti, Limburger, manchego, mascarpone, mozzarella, muenster, parmesan, pepper jack, provolone, romano, string cheese, Swiss
- Meat and Poultry
- Olive Oil and Olive
- Plain Greek yogurt and cottage cheese
- Nuts and seeds: almonds, Brazil nuts, cashews, macadamia nuts, pecans, pistachios, walnuts, chia seeds, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds
- Berries: blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries
- Butter and Cream
- Shirataki noodles
- Coffee and tea
- Dark chocolate and cocoa powder
Benefits of Keto Diet for Diabetics:
- Less dependence on medication
- control and improve blood sugar and insulin sensitivity
- Reduce blood pressure
- Control in cholesterol levels
- weight loss
Benefits of Keto Diet for Mental Health:
- The Keto Diet Raise BDNF(Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor) levels
- The Keto Diet Rebalance neurotransmitters
- The Keto Diet Stabilizes stress hormones and appetite.
- The Keto Diet Energize mitochondria
- The Keto Diet Boost antioxidant defenses
- The Keto Diet Reduce inflammation
- The Keto Diet Lower blood insulin levels
Benefits of Keto Diet for Women:
- The Keto Diet Eliminates Blood sugar highs and lows
- The Keto Diet helps reduce gout
- The Keto Diet helps renal insufficiency or kidney failure
- The Keto Diet balances Hormones for better sex and Fertility
- The Keto Diet helps optimize brain functions
- The Keto Diet helps get in better touch with your body for lifelong wellness.
Benefits of Keto Diet for Epilepsy:
- The Keto Diet reduces or prevents seizures in children and adults.
Benefits of Keto Diet for Arthritis:
- The Keto Diet should provide relief in inflammatory pain.
- The Keto Diet should provide relief in neuropathic pain
There are lots more …
Studies suggested that following the keto diet is an effective and rapid way to lose weight. However, people may find it difficult to follow they better consult a doctor or dietitian.
Questions about Keto Diet? Contact us!